Friday, August 6, 2010

Here are some things I just realized. One, I have not used a brush or a hairdryer the entire time I've been here. Two, I ran out of body wash, I dont know, like a month ago so I've been using my shampoo as body wash because toiletries are so dang expensive. Life of the American College Student in Costa Rica let me tell you. Actually, its kind of funny/embarrassing/ the usual for me because about a week ago I realized that using our hand soap might be an alternative than using my shampoo (which ironically I dont think is true. the shampoo foams up more) So I used the hand soap like 2 times, but somehow my mama tica must have realized my schemes because a couple of days ago, two bars of soap just miraculously showed up in my shower. oops. whatever. Yesterday was a really great day. I got up and ate breakfast (which is always one of the highlights of my day) My mama tica and I talked for a little bit. Then she took me to see the university of Costa Rica (UCR) which is pretty close to our house. UCR is huge and its just like a little college town. It reminded me a lot of clemson. However, it has no dorms interestingly enough because I've said before, students dont stay on campus. thats weird to them. they live with their families. Also, they have pharmacy, medicine, dentistry etc all in this one school. Its not like you do undergrad and then go to pharmacy school, or med school, you just do one 6 or 8 year program all together. pretty good if you ask me. We walked around and then went to eat lunch at this amazing place that made crepes. It was pretty funny, because I've only eaten crepes with fruit in them or ones that are sweet. Well they did have those, but they also have ones filled with chicken or mushroom, basically real food. I got one with bananas and strawberries covered in dulce de leche and powdered sugar. Yum. My mama tica got a mushroom and chicken one. I told her that I had never seen crepes that werent sweet before and she told me "yeah, Ive never seen ones that were sweet before" haha. She paid for my meal too. She is so sweet. She was like "I invited you" when I most distinctly remember asking her if she would show me around sometime. After we had our little date, we went back and I went to go see Despicable me at the Multiplaza-which is a fantastic movie. one of the best animated ones I have seen in a while. It was so incredibly sweet, and actually pretty funny. I would recommend it. After that I came back and my mama tica gave me a mini cooking class, which is much needed. It was cool to learn how she makes our food. It takes some time and preparation but its not too hard. After dinner, I just chilled around. Last night was my last night at castros :( sad day. it was really fun. At the end of the night, I danced with this guy who was the best salsa dancer I had danced with yet. He was spinning me in ways I had never been spun before. Like seriously, sometimes he spun me using my head. It was crazy. I didnt know what was going on half the time, but you just have to surrender yourself to the music and just let it go. It was really fun. Its my last day. weird, sad, exciting, overwhelming, nostalgic and more all in one. I cant believe I get to see my sis tomorrow and then the rest of my friends and family the next day. its crazy. I may or may not be writing anymore from Costa Rica- I want to but we will see how the time goes. I havent even started packing, it looked like my closet threw up all over my room. So I guess I should get on that. Im literally the last one in my group to leave tomorrow because my flight is at 5 pm. Anyway, this could be the last one. ADIOS. and gracias to all those who read my blog. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I will see you all soon. PURA VIDA

No comments:

Post a Comment